Saturday 14 September 2013

Why?

The altruistic reason:
AdoptionUK helps make life better for children who have suffered trauma and neglect. It is a charity close to my heart. If you would like to know why or learn more about Adoption UK, please visit my sponsor page at:

http://www.justgiving.com/Angus-Patterson

The personal reason:
Well, it seems a more productive use of my mid-life crisis than to get some leather trousers, buy a motorbike or have an affair. One of my Land's End to John O'Groats team mates, Nick, and I were discussing our crises one day in June last year, listing all the things we had never done but wished we had. He mentioned Land's End to John O'Groats. I said, 'Let's do it.' He said 'Yes'. I then asked cycle-commute partner, John, and he said 'Yes' before I had even finished the sentence. I thought middle age was meant to teach you caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment